Thursday, May 23, 2013

My 3rd week....to my 3rd year


It is funny how not much have changed. I am still "too nice" but now I can get my homeroom to be silent for more than 30 minutes....and they're 5th graders! Oh...now I teach 5th grade... in Philly at People for People Charter School. I am happy to have the background I have. I have a Master's from the UNiverisity of Pennsylvania, a network of great people I can call friends and a bigger fro!!




Camden's Promise taught me sooooooo much. I made great relationships with fantastic students that I miss soooooo much. I honestly want to go back..but the way I left was wack so that is what I get. I believe I burnt a bridge. I am truly sad about it.


However, I being at a less organized school helped me realize my weaknesses. It also helped me realize some strengths. I really do have a love for poetry and art. I really want to infuse that more into my role as a teacher. I am writing and creating more which edifies my spirit. I just want to do more. We'll see.

I grew so much and still am growing. However, many things I mentioned 3 years ago are still the same. I still need to work on organization. I still need to give better directions and set up lessons that truely inspire my students like I imagined my first year. I need to gain more confidence which ebbs and flows in my being. I just want a manual of how to teach like a effin boss/Nikki Minaj.

One day...

There is a lot I could say...but I got ish to do and tomorrow is a half day on Friday...which means...

Well kinda...then I mention losing recess, friday free time, or writing sentences then its like...
Next year will be better. I guess looking back and looking forward, I need to make a BIG change in how I do things.

With Love,

NoRe

No comments:

Post a Comment