Monday, June 28, 2010

I am in Philadelphia....and its Pheelin good

Due to my recent transition, I have not made time to update my blog but too all who reads this: I made it and I really like it here. I met some cool fellow Corps Members who will be fighting for equality with me in Camden. We are a small group so we can get to know each other easy. I am also happy I have my uncle here to be there for me when needed. This is my first time living on my own and I have no friends here so I have to start from scratch. I miss my crew but I'm excited for my new journey

We started our training sessions here in a part of the welcoming process called induction where we are learning about the city, the TfA way and getting some classroom management ideas. One of the main goals of induction is to make sure we create a culture of progress that is constant throughout TfA. One of the keys is respect and humility. I have been struggling with that. I need to remember that I am not always right and that others are not wrong just because their views are not my views. I am hard headed and I can see how it is effecting my communication. I am going to get over it.

Everyone I am meeting is great...i'm ready for this ride

No comments:

Post a Comment